25 Ideas for Your Savannah Stay
I’ve been wanting to explore the many places that surround Savannah as well as take advantage of the experiences that can be only found in our lowcountry environment. My friend, Molly’s son, Cal (5), gave me the brilliant idea to do a Summer Bucket List so that I will never have to say “I wish I’d done that – I’ve always wanted to.” Cal, by the way, knocked off a couple of items on his bucket list while he was down visiting at Tybee Island. He rode in a golf cart and went on the Tybee Pier which were both on his bucket list for summer.
What a little inspiration he was to me!
I got out my pen and paper and started jotting down what I want to do this summer.
Without further ado, I give you the 2013 Busy Bee Summer Bucket List:
1. Mud Run with friends
2. Read “Savannah in the Time of Peter Tondee”
3. See a movie at the Lucas and then get Leopold’s Ice Cream after
4. Learn a History Lesson at a Georgia State Park
5. Bingo at the Tybee Island Legion
6. SCAD Museum
7. Take a Trolley Tour
8. Explore Darien, Georgia
9. Take Ocean Highway (GA 17) fom Darien to Brunswick, Georgia
10. Watch a sunrise at Tybee
11. Camp at Little Tybee
12. Kayak under a full moon
13. Watch a turtle hatch
14. Go to Marshside Mamas on Daufuskie
15. Catch a big fish!
16. Go to a music festival like the Summer Solstice Festival
17. At LEAST one Floatilla
18. Watch the fireworks on the 4th of July
19. Stand Up Paddle Board in the waves at Tybee
20. Concoct a signature libation
21. Go to a Sand Gnats game
22. Do the Midnight Garden Ride (again) with the Savannah Bicycle Campaign
23. Cabaret at the Lucas
24. Big day on Wassau Island
25. Explore Cumberland Island
This is what I have so far!
Please feel free to comment and let me know what I may be missing out on. I’d love to hear your ideas and suggestions to further enhance my summer.
Best, Laurie d.